Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sick Kiddo

Adelaide is sicker than she's ever been. A kid with croup was brought to the church nursery on Sunday (and her parents knew she was sick!) and now my daughter has it. Generally, I wouldn't be too up in arms. I mean, I don't want my child sick, but toddlers get sick. All the time. It's in their job description to have a runny nose.

But this time I have a newborn. Newborns do not mix well with respiratory illnesses. I cannot let Aliza get sick. When we took Adelaide to the doctor (by 'we' I actually mean 'he') the doctor specifically said that I was to stay away from Adelaide to avoid contaminating Aliza.

So when Adelaide wakes up saying 'help, help. More sleep, more sleep', my husband goes to help her. When she's crying and rubbing her runny nose, my husband helps her to wash her hands and snuggles on the couch with her. When she says 'Mama, mama, mama', my husband goes to her. This is horrible.

She should only be contagious through Monday or Tuesday, so I can go back to being an accessible parent to her sometime next week. Which is good since husband has class and work on Monday. I'll just do my best to keep them apart and keep the baby safe.

I miss my daughter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com