Sunday, June 26, 2011

Commitment & Exploration

I've been so hesitant to commit to this blog. If I really dive in and let things from my life be explored, I run the risk of someone from my real life finding, reading, and being offended.

But here's the thing: You have no right to be offended by what isn't said to you. I mean, I could write this out and you could somehow be related to my writing, but that doesn't mean that this is about you. It doesn't, really, have anything to do with you. This is a forum for self expression. This is my own exploration of my own thoughts and a way for me to process and understand and better know my life. This is not about you.

To just outright say it: there is a selfishness in writing. It's inherent. I can only write about something with which I have contact. And some would say that the true vocation of a writer is one of writing as a vehicle to understand. Not to convey understanding but to gain it. Writing is for the author. That's how it gets good. That's when it becomes something worth reading.

So I don't know. Maybe I'll can all the crap about 'sharing' or'expressing' and get back to the heart of the matter: Silence is intimately related to trust. So be silent and trust.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com